The Web Content Management Extension (XCC) enhances IBM Connections with
classic Web CMS capabilities and thus integrates the two antipodes of an intranet,
i.e. peer-to-peer collaboration with top-down communication. IBM Connections
with the Web Content Management Extension XCC creates a beautifully integrated Social Intranet.
See a extensive live demo of XCC. Learn how to manage internal communications
with IBM Connections and why IBM Connections adoption and ROI will increase with XCC by 50% to 100%.
Below is a list of articles that every Notes/Domino application designer, administrator, and IT manager should read,
regardless of their responsibilities. In addition, the following links take you to different sections of the checklist depending on your area of interest:
IBM’s Collaboration Software Comparison.
Need to know – good to share >>>
Customers rediscovering IBM Notes and Domino:
- A Fortune 500 insurance company in North America Reinstated Domino servers when they realized
the popularity and business value of their Domino applications was leading to continued dramatic growth in server use.
- A US-based financial firm Renewed 81,000 user seats due to continued business value delivery from their Domino Application usage.
- An international bank Returned to Domino 9 (iNotes) deploying 149,000 users in 2010 for their Messaging solution
when the saw the significant improvements in the social capabilities over their current solution.
- A Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in Germany Reinstated 61,000 users due to realizing there was significant
business value being created from their Domino applications was leading to continued Domino app growth.
- A worldwide engineering firm Reversed their decision to move to Microsoft and renewed 70,000 seats of Notes,
and deployed 70,000 seats of Connections and Sametime. They went on to say they found that IBM provides
a more robust integration platform while SharePoint is only intended for light weight duty.
- A worldwide aircraft manufacturing firm Reinstated 8,500 seats after an unsuccessful attempt to get a
Microsoft and SAP solution to replicate the collaboration they already had from Notes and Domino.
- A well known bank in North America viewed IBM as a trusted advisor and increased their licensing entitlements
with IBM and recommitted for 4 more years. “Eventually the *true* cost to transition [from Notes and Domino
to a competitor] was realized after many millions were spent!”
- Two insurance companies in North America merge and decide to consolidate on Notes and Domino as their
Application platform solution, with 40,000 PVU’s in production and a long term commitment to IBM.
- A large hardware vendor with worldwide locations discovers additional, unexpected costs in their move
to Google and Returns for a 5 year messaging commitment with IBM.
The History Of Lotus Notes learn. do. dream.
Using Personalization with XCC – The Web Content Management Extension for IBM Connections
"IBM Connect 2014 was overwhelming. We have had many of the largest and many small
and medium IBM Connections customers at our pedestal. Most of the customers have
scenarios where they could use and want to evaluate our product. What an exiting conference this was to us !"
For the realization of a classic intranet homepage IBM Connections is missing formal web content management functions
as e.g. a conventional navigation and controllable news. With TTA’s Web Content Management Extension build your easy
to use custom homepage and combine formal and casual information in one application and thereby take one big step
into the direction of one social platform for your employees.
More Information here >>>
CAT_4.5.0_20140116-0921 now also supports Microsoft SQL Server as underlying database,
both for the CAT database and the Connections databases.
"We just released a new version of our Connections Administration Toolkit (CAT) with
full support for IBM Connections 4.5 CR3 including converting communities plus content
merge for wikis, blogs and forums, LDAP group drill-down, drill-down and management
of user content, OAuth & widget configuration."
A new JVM will be pushed out by Oracle on Sunday, 19 January 2014. After this new JVM is pushed out,
IBM Domino applets will no longer work in browsers running the latest JVM. This document provides links
to .zip files containing re-signed Java applets for Domino 8.x. and 9.x.
Steps to apply the applets:
- Download and unzip the .zip file
- Shut down your Domino server (optionally you can quit HTTP task by issuing the following command at the server console: tell HTTP quit)
- Backup existing files
- Copy the new files into \Domino\data\domino\java