Over the week-end, we enhanced IBM SmartCloud for Social Business with a brand new capability: audio-video calling. With this latest update, we are now adding one-to-one audio-video calling to instant messaging. How this works is very simple. Let’s imagine that you and I are starting a chat (of course, with a very polite “hi…”). You will now see two new buttons in your chat window: one to start an audio-video call, and one to start an audio-only call. After you click on the video button, I can accept the request, and both of us can see each other in a quality video call.
Source: The Sametime Blog
Thoughts on Cloud
is a collection of cloud computing conversations led by IBMers and sponsored by IBM. The goal of this site is to provide readers with a forum to discuss and debate various cloud computing topics. Thinking about Cloud Services, maybe IBM SoftLayer
, this is worth reading.
The Web Content Management Extension (XCC) enhances IBM Connections with
classic Web CMS capabilities and thus integrates the two antipodes of an intranet,
i.e. peer-to-peer collaboration with top-down communication. IBM Connections
with the Web Content Management Extension XCC creates a beautifully integrated Social Intranet.
See a extensive live demo of XCC. Learn how to manage internal communications
with IBM Connections and why IBM Connections adoption and ROI will increase with XCC by 50% to 100%.
Below is a list of articles that every Notes/Domino application designer, administrator, and IT manager should read,
regardless of their responsibilities. In addition, the following links take you to different sections of the checklist depending on your area of interest:
IBM’s Collaboration Software Comparison.
Need to know – good to share >>>
Customers rediscovering IBM Notes and Domino:
- A Fortune 500 insurance company in North America Reinstated Domino servers when they realized
the popularity and business value of their Domino applications was leading to continued dramatic growth in server use.
- A US-based financial firm Renewed 81,000 user seats due to continued business value delivery from their Domino Application usage.
- An international bank Returned to Domino 9 (iNotes) deploying 149,000 users in 2010 for their Messaging solution
when the saw the significant improvements in the social capabilities over their current solution.
- A Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in Germany Reinstated 61,000 users due to realizing there was significant
business value being created from their Domino applications was leading to continued Domino app growth.
- A worldwide engineering firm Reversed their decision to move to Microsoft and renewed 70,000 seats of Notes,
and deployed 70,000 seats of Connections and Sametime. They went on to say they found that IBM provides
a more robust integration platform while SharePoint is only intended for light weight duty.
- A worldwide aircraft manufacturing firm Reinstated 8,500 seats after an unsuccessful attempt to get a
Microsoft and SAP solution to replicate the collaboration they already had from Notes and Domino.
- A well known bank in North America viewed IBM as a trusted advisor and increased their licensing entitlements
with IBM and recommitted for 4 more years. “Eventually the *true* cost to transition [from Notes and Domino
to a competitor] was realized after many millions were spent!”
- Two insurance companies in North America merge and decide to consolidate on Notes and Domino as their
Application platform solution, with 40,000 PVU’s in production and a long term commitment to IBM.
- A large hardware vendor with worldwide locations discovers additional, unexpected costs in their move
to Google and Returns for a 5 year messaging commitment with IBM.
The History Of Lotus Notes learn. do. dream.